Thursday 30 June 2011

From the heart of a 16-year-old


Life is about coming's and going's, but the beauty of it all are the memories. For me, all memories are good, even the one's that pain, because if they weren't as good, they wouldn't be my memories, would they? Friend's, our little angels on earth, are some of the most treasured people we're gifted.

Exactly a month ago, a little girl sat next to me at work. I wished her a good morning and after the initial introductions and small talk, got on with "emails for the day". Little did I know that during the course of the month, the rest of the team and I would be close to an adorable little 16-year-old girl whose morning chatter about life in general would be the beginning of all our days. Of course, lunch was a picnic with a mix of food, but what all of us will miss the most is a look at life through a 16-year-old's eyes, a view and belief that we must try and recapture. Here's what her going away email said to us all:
  • Sara :) you're just the cutest. I love how romantic and adorable you are, and how sweet and helpful. The sweet things you say, the lovely things you wear and the most wonderful optimistic strongest outlook to love - you're gorgeous, don't forget it :* 
  • Ela :) you're also such a sweetheart, you're lively and engaging and interesting, and Ela is just the nicest name. :* you spoke to me the first, and i wrote/ helped you with some of your articles- such an experience. :D 
  • Leena :) you're too considerate and you have the funniest stories to tell. talking to you makes me smile :) 
  • Roshni :) you called me 'the new girl' the first time you saw me. love your humour, sarcasm and sense of freedom and fun. Blackberry Love Forever :* 
  • Sharmishta :) you're so quiet and cute and dedicated to what you do- you're too nice. :) 
Love you'll. thanks for being so much and making a month WORKING instead of watching an 11am movie, full of laughter and fun. i've made new friends and heard new stories and met new people and i love you'll for that :* gonna miss you guys, tons. keep in touch.
Love forever,Avanti

I shall read and reread this note often, because this shows me life through the eyes of innocence... an innocence that I hope shall live on forever.

Sweet little Avanti,All of us miss you tremendously too, and there are but a few words that truly do justice to the joy and happiness you've brought to our lives.

Lots of love and blessings forever,
All of us
xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment