Monday 6 September 2010

Blessings, Dear Blessings

Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, see what Lord hath done, count your blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord hath done...


Good morning everyone, I hope that everyone's cheery at the beginning of a new work week. As I hum this lovely tune to myself, I can't help but smile (to myself). :) God, Yahweh, Bhagwan, Allah - we may give him different names, sing different songs of worship and praise, have different ceremonies, but in essence, all of us pray to one God, on creator, one master of the universe, one master of our souls.

I found it particularly difficult to leave my bed this morning, however, the moment my heart started humming this tune, I was up in a jiffy. My heart gave me a little admonishing and said, "No morning blues at all. Don't you realise that the morning is the best part of one's day." As if on cue, it then started humming this lovely hymn. :) You know, sometimes, we really do need to count our blessings to realise how gracious the good Lord has been.

So, before we begin our work-week, let's all count our blessings shall we? We've been blessed with a heart that's capable of selfless, unconditional love - what a beautiful gift feeling love is, isn't it. Love for our parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, partners, children, pets, nature and all of human-kind and animal-kind; what a wonderful feeling to love everyone ever so much. We've been blessed with souls that feel - joy and happiness, pain and sorrow, excitement, amusement, crazy abandonment are just a few feelings out of countless that we feel and experience. And all these feeling and emotions contribute to our spiritual growth. We've been blessed with an intuition and an imagination - sometimes we don't need eyes to see and experience some of the most beautiful sights and feelings; sometimes we don't need ears to hear some of the most beautiful sounds. A person with no sight can paint the most beautiful picture of life and a person who can't hear can sing the most amazing tunes. (This is one of those times, when we experience life at a different level and learn to love and appreciate her for all she is) We've been blessed with a will - a will to fulfill our dreams and the dreams of others too. The will to be able to initiate and change this wold for the better, to conserve what's left of mankind, nature and animal-kind and preserve them for generations to come. We've been blessed with a brain - we stand up against injustice and have the ability and power to right a wrong. We've been blessed with strength - to deal with and go past difficult situations in life. No matter what the outcome, the experience and ability to go through a touch situation sanctifies our spirits. More importantly, we've all been blessed with feelings - feelings to feel for oneself and the rest of humanity. Now this indeed is really something; something so pure, so deep, so beautiful that words fail to do it justice.

Indeed, when I count my blessings today, I am happy that the good Lord has blessed everyone and myself with these spiritual gifts. Our blessings are all these and so much more. Everything in this physical world is transitional, but these blessings from are creator will nurture our spirits eternally.

We've been blessed because we have another day to love, feel, make a difference for the better, experience life at her spiritual best and live, really live. I've counted my precious blessings for today, and I will make sure that I continue counting them. Have you started counting already?

Have a fabulously blessed day everyone. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment