Monday 13 September 2010

Journey On...

"It is better to travel well than to arrive." ~ Buddha

It's 45 minutes to midnight here and as I packed the last item of clothing, this line hit home. I have a flight to board in six hours and as I make my way towards Delhi, Jaipur and Jodhpur (for the latest book), I am quite sure Buddha's reference to travel is metaphorical. Even then, I can't help but draw similarities between the metaphor and literal sense.

'Life is a journey' may be one of the most overused phrases, however how many of us understand that the journey refers to a spiritual one. Our spiritual journey here on Earth determines the well-being of our soul. When Buddha stated the above, he meant that it is always better to travel well because having arrived means the ceasing of the journey; in effect the end of our spiritual path. As long as we're on Earth, it's imperative to travel metaphorically and literally. Our spiritual journeys and physical ones introduce us to people, cultures and different ways of lives. 

It's spiritually enhancing to see and experience how different regions, call for different ways of life. And amidst all these dissimilarities, we discover a common thread - the bond of love; the lifeline that connects us all. As I ready for my travel, I am excited about research and interviews for the book, but also about discovering the people and the place. While Delhi is a buzzing city quite like any other, I can't wait to get to Jaipur and Jodhpur, run my fingers through the desert sand, watch every individual grain glisten and make their way back to the desert. Our spiritual life is quite like the desert sand; we are all tiny grains in the larger scheme of God's plan. When life holds out its fist and grasps us, eventually the beautiful wind comes and frees us as we make our way back to the desert... to fit into the larger scheme of God's plan.

Yes, life is a journey and we may face bends, sharp turns, smooth highways and pot-holed roads along the way, however, our spiritual learning is priceless. Remember, when God presents us with one problem, he also presents us with several solutions; our real problems lie with us focusing on the problem instead of the solution.

Whenever we feel the desert sun beating down on us, look around and we will see a family that makes up the whole world who are right there with us. We have a long way to travel and our journey has only begun, let's accept God's plan for us and allow him to lead us on.

As I get ready to catch some shut-eye before my flight, I leave you all with lots of love, prayers, blessings and peace. I may not be able to write daily over the next week, but I promise to do so when I can. In the meanwhile, know this; I am praying for you and with you every day. And as I send out my prayers and blessings to you, I believe that the good Lord is showering you all with his choicest blessings always and forever.

Have a fabulously blessed day everyone and an even better week. :) I may not be writing for the next week on account of my travels, but please know that each of you are in my heart and prayers always. God bless you all eternally.

P.S: I can't wait to write back. I know our good Lord has a beautiful adventure planned and I will have so much more to share in a week. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment